Parenting is wonderful but it can also produce some cringingly-awkward moments! I’ve written a list of some of my awkward moments so you can reassure me that I’m not the only parenting disaster to give you a bit of a giggle.
Awkward Parenting Moments
That awkward moment when
1) You excitedly point out a cow, only to realise you’re in the car with adults, not your kids
2) You get to work and find that the kids actually didn’t eat all their breakfast. In fact, they left a nice big splodge of it on your beautiful white blouse
3) Your 5yo daughter insists on having the same hairstyle as you
4) Your baby is screaming down the restaurant so you shove a spoonful of food in her mouth to shut her up. The next moment, the table is covered in vomit, as well as yourself, your baby, the lady on the next table, and the poor waiter who was walking past at the time
5) You realise you’re the only parent in the entire school who forgot it was non-uniform day
6) The “Nutella or Poo?” gamble doesn’t pay off
7) You need to write a note to the teacher but the only piece of paper available is your Morrison’s receipt. Plus you don’t fancy the teacher knowing you bought 12 bottles of wine last week!
8) You come out of an important meeting and your colleague finally tells you you’ve been sporting a Finding Dory sticker on your elbow all morning
9) Your friend puts a reminder on Facebook that the clocks go back so you duly alter all your devices, only to wake up in the morning remembering that your friend is Australian and school started 10 minutes ago
10) You take your toddler to the shopping centre toilets and she asks if you’ve finished yet or whether you’re still doing a poo
11) Your child decides to reveal her newest trick to the world… getting undressed
12) The receptionist at the doctors asks for your child’s date of birth and you totally blank – what?? There are like a million birthdays that a mum needs to remember … (that reminds me – did I post that card to Great Aunty Ethel?…)
13) You buy a very ugly-looking Incredible Hulk mask for your little one to take to James’s birthday party, only to discover that “James” is, in fact “Jaymes” (a girl!)
14) You take your beautiful new baby to meet your work colleagues and she poos on the boss’s desk
15) Your child takes your tampons into school for show and tell. – There. Are. No. Words. How did she even get hold of them?!
16) You give a friend a lift in your car, and don’t realise, until they point out, that you’re listening to Mr Tumble’s Greatest Hits… and singing along at full volume
What awkward moments would you add to the list?
P.S. I’ve just set up a Lucy At Home facebook page so if you could spare 30secs to give it a like, it would make me SUPER happy! https://www.facebook.com/lucyathomeblog/ or search @lucyathomeblog