A Gentle Parenting Blog is born!
Hello there! I’m Lucy. I’m a Yorkshire mummy with a goal to make gentle parenting accessible for everyone! I have two little girls (8 and 4) and a few years back, I realised traditional methods didn’t sit right with me:
- I wanted to treat my girls with the same respect as I would give an adult
- I wanted to boost their confidence rather than shake it
- I wanted to create an environment where they would thrive and become wonderful human beings
But if you’re anything like me, you probably saw the phrase “gentle parenting” and rolled your eyes. I used to think it was lazy parenting – an excuse to let your kids do whatever they want…
But actually, the gentle parenting philosophy is that all decisions should be made out of respect and empathy. So I started this gentle parenting blog to write in detail about what that really means (click the links for more info). I cover things like:
- How to discipline with respect
- The mental health benefits of gentle parenting over mainstream parenting
- How to disciple a child instead of punishing them
As a UK-based Gentle Parenting blogger, I aim to write practical, down-to-earth advice on what gentle parenting looks like in everyday life. So if you’re looking for a kind, fair, successful approach to parenting, this gentle parenting blog is for you!
My Favourite Posts
I post once or twice a week, but if you’re looking for a place to start, here are my five of my favourite posts:
- How To Stick To Your Guns Without Being Dictator Mummy
- 3 Things Gentle Parenting Is Not (& 3 Things It Is)
- Positive Attention is the Kindest Form of Parenting
- To The Lady Googling “Full Time Mum Need A Break”
- Why You Must Add EMPATHY To Your Parenting Arsenal
I’d love you to join my community! To get all the latest Lucy At Home blog posts delivered straight to your inbox (and maybe a bit of exclusive content too…!), click here and add your email. Or you can add your details in the box at the bottom of this page.
If you’d like to follow me on social media, these are the details:
I also have a new Facebook group called “Mums With L Plates” which is for all the mamas out there who are learning on the job. It seems that just as you get the hang of one stage, our kids are moving onto the next so this is a supportive group of mums who share ideas and build each other up. If this is you, then pop over and request to join.
My email address is email@example.com so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss any collaboration opportunities.
Lucy At Home helps parents tune into their kids’ needs so they can raise kind, confident, successful humans. It is currently rated in the top 1% of UK Parenting Blogs (Tots 100) and I hope you love what you find here.