When I started blogging, I had no idea that giveaways existed. I didn’t even know that idea that bloggers worked with brands. Not a clue! I just wanted to write and have a space of my own. I wanted to help other mums who were getting overwhelmed to feel a little less alone.
So giveaways had never even crossed my mind.
When the first brand approached me about hosting a giveaway, I panicked – I had no idea how to do it. I felt stressed through the whole thing, constantly checking how many entries there were and wondering why anyone would put themselves under this much pressure.
But now, I LOVE hosting them. If you’ve never considered running a giveaway before, or you’re not sure what the point is, here are 38 reasons to help convince you!
38 Reasons to host giveaways on your blog
1) A reward for your loyal readers
2) Attract new readers
3) An incentive for brands to work with you
4) You can buy your own prize for a giveaway and get the benefits even if you’re a small blog
5) If you do no 4, it may lead to real brand work as they see you can do it
6) Increase your social media influence
7) The brand can see that people are visiting the review you’ve written
8) Create a social media buzz around your blog
9) Widen your blog appeal
10) Increased page views
11) Competition entries are a visible representation of the reach of your blog
12) Social shares of your blog
13) Your blog listed on other sites (i.e. competition websites)
14) You get to try out the product too!
15) “Compers” are generally very active on social media so are good followers to have
16) A inroad to the general public rather than just blogger traffic
17) Self-perpetuating because people are sharing to enter, so more people see it, so more people share to enter, etc
18) Social sharing from the giveaway brand
19)Another string in your blog bow
20) Some companies will pay you extra to run a giveaway
21) Increased page views leads to more paid / brand work in the future
22) More comments on your blog (if specified as a giveaway entry)
23) Everybody wants to win a prize
24) It’s easy to do
25) Low effort, high reward
26) You can tailor the entry requirements to target the blog areas you’re focussing on (e.g. facebook fans or blog subscribers)
27) Your blog name associated with the product / brand you’re giving away
28) Enhance your blog content
29) Readers learn to trust your opinions / recommendations
30) There are widgets to do most of the work for you
31) The brand will post the product out so it doesn’t cost you anything
32) Competitions are fun
33) High numbers of entries encourage other brands to work with you
34) Happy readers
35) The brand benefit from extra social shares too
36) Because of no 35, the brand want to work with you again
37) The entries is proof of the impact a blogging campaign is having
38) An incentive for readers to sign up to your blog newsletter
Now I’m not suggesting that you quit writing your normal posts and just do a load of giveaways instead. But a regular stream of competitions alongside your normal posts can really help you along.
The Newbie Giveaway Guide
And here is the really exciting bit – I’ve got a tried and tested formula for making the giveaway strategy work for you. And I’ve written it all down in my brand new giveaway course – the Newbie Giveaway Guide!
I’ll be telling you where to look for giveaways, how to negotiate with brands, how to set up a giveaway using Rafflecopter, and how to promote your competition so you reap the maximum rewards. We’ll also be looking at the legal bits such as writing the terms and conditions, and creating no follow links so that you know exactly what you should be doing.
If you’re new to giveaways, or your giveaways feel like hard work, or you’re not getting many entries (less than 2000), then get yourself signed up.
This is a brand new 5-part course written by myself and includes all the hints and tips I’ve picked up along the way.
I will ping the first installment over to you the day after you sign up so you can start your giveaway journey straightaway. You will also get your course workbook then too.
The cost of the course is £20 but we have a special 25% off Early Bird deal of £15 if you sign up before 15th November 2017.
Follow this link for more information on the Newbie Giveaway Guide.
Or simply click this button and enroll yourself on the course: